Stevenage mayor’s first charity ball aims to raise £10,000
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are now on sale for the inaugural Stevenage mayor’s May ball, which will mark the end of the mayoral year for Councillor Margaret Notley and aims to raise at least £10,000 for her three chosen charities.
Held at the Hotel Cromwell in Stevenage High Street on Friday May 10, the event will include a three-course meal, several acts and an auction, and will raise money for TRACKS Autism, Carers in Herts and Stevenage Scouts.
Cllr Notley said: “It has been a remarkable year so far as mayor. I have met so many amazing people and groups and this is my way of giving back a little to the town.
“It would be great if we could hit our target for what are three amazing charities.”
Tickets for the black tie event, which starts at 6.45pm and ends at midnight, are £50 per person, and groups can buy tables of 10 or 12.
You may also want to watch:
To book, or to find out about sponsorship opportunities, call the ball’s host Mervyn Terrett at A-Top Properties on 01438 369173.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 9 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 10 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women