Stevenage mayor’s first charity ball aims to raise £10,000
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are now on sale for the inaugural Stevenage mayor’s May ball, which will mark the end of the mayoral year for Councillor Margaret Notley and aims to raise at least £10,000 for her three chosen charities.
Held at the Hotel Cromwell in Stevenage High Street on Friday May 10, the event will include a three-course meal, several acts and an auction, and will raise money for TRACKS Autism, Carers in Herts and Stevenage Scouts.
Cllr Notley said: “It has been a remarkable year so far as mayor. I have met so many amazing people and groups and this is my way of giving back a little to the town.
“It would be great if we could hit our target for what are three amazing charities.”
Tickets for the black tie event, which starts at 6.45pm and ends at midnight, are £50 per person, and groups can buy tables of 10 or 12.
To book, or to find out about sponsorship opportunities, call the ball’s host Mervyn Terrett at A-Top Properties on 01438 369173.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 9 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 10 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map