Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- Credit: Adel Gascoigne
A Stevenage schoolboy is racking up awards for his impressive culinary skills.
Reece Bosowitz, a Marriotts School pupil, has won the 2021 Aspiring Student Chef award in the 14-16 age category of the Inspiring Culinary Generations national cookery competition for budding chefs.
His winning dish was duck breast with celeriac puree, honey glazed carrots, purple sprouting broccoli, pan-fried black pudding and a scorched quail egg, served with an apple and sloe meat jus.
Last year, Reece, 14, won ICG's Keen Young Cook award and a Royal Academy of Culinary Arts scholarship.
He said: "The competition this year was harder than ever before. Everyone's dish looked amazing. I was a bit nervous going into the kitchen, but when I got in there I was relaxed and focused."
You may also want to watch:
With a spiced red wine poached pear and fig creme patisserie tart, Reece has also won Springboard FutureChef's 2021 Bake Off in the South East and a competition using the confectionery Flipz.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss