Stevenage manager’s advice for Arsenal midfielder
- Credit: Archant
Westley wants Jack Wilshere and fellow talented England players to be ‘superhuman’
Graham Westley has used part of his column in a national football newspaper to tell Jack Wilshere to do all that he can to look after his body.
Arsenal midfielder Wilshere was last week pictured holding a cigarette but has since admitted he had made ‘a mistake’ and has put the incident behind him, insisting that he is not a smoker.
Writing in his regular The Football League Paper column this week, Westley said: “The top players have a massive influence on youngsters and I also believe that top-paid players should be doing all they can to look after their bodies.
“So when Jack Wilshere is pictured with a cigarette it is relevant… our very best talent simply must be encouraged to do all it can to add value to that talent. The extra one per cent might be the difference between winning and losing a World Cup.
You may also want to watch:
“If one lung-bursting run could help England let’s do all we can to encourage excellence in our top lads. Yes they are human. But we need them to be superhuman.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery