Stevenage man jailed for sexually abusing boy, 6
A Stevenage man who admitted sexually abusing a six-year-old boy, has been jailed for two years and nine months.
Peter Norton, 61, of The Chace, Stevenage, pleaded guilty to sexual activity with the child between January and April this year at an address in Stevenage.
Norton had befriended a mother and her three children before abusing the boy.
At his sentencing last Friday at Cambridge Crown Court he was given a further 18 months for an historic sexual offence against a boy in Great Yarmouth in 1996, and was placed on the Sex Offenders Register.
Norton admitted two indecent assaults and one charge of taking an indecent photograph of a child following an investigation by Hertfordshire and Norfolk Constabularies.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating Officer, Detective Constable Helen Richmond of the Hertfordshire child protection and investigation unit, said: “This conviction now allows the victims of both of these offences and their families to move on from what has been a traumatic time for all involved.”
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys