Stevenage man jailed after cocaine worth £29,000 discovered
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed after cocaine with an estimated street value of £29,000 was discovered at his home.
Neil Falanga, of Hawkes Lane in Stevenage, was sentenced to five years and eight months in prison at Cambridge Crown Court last week after pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply a Class A drug. He also admitted possessing the Class B drug cannabis.
The 32-year-old handed himself in to Stevenage Police Station in May on the same day that a wanted appeal for his arrest was publicised by the Comet.
It followed the discovery of more than 300g of cocaine, as well as two grams of MDMA and a small amount of cannabis resin, at Falanga’s home.
Det Con Hayden Coggins from the Stevenage Local Crime Unit investigated the case. He said: “Hertfordshire remains one of the safest counties to live and operations such as this are a great example of activity we carry out to ensure it stays that way. Drugs have a devastating impact on both the individuals involved in their use and supply, and the neighbourhoods where they live through related crime and disorder.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope the sentence passed to Neil Falanga will serve as a warning to others involved in these crimes that we will not tolerate this behaviour and will use all powers and tactics available to us to target suspects and bring them to justice.”
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602