Stevenage man in court charged with 26 sexual offences including raping a girl and a boy
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage man who is alleged to have repeatedly raped and sexually assaulted a girl and a boy has appeared in court.
Anthony Joseph Gorringe appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday via videolink from HMP Bure where he is currently being held.
The 57-year-old has been charged with 26 sexual offences. They include 13 counts of causing a girl aged between 15 and 17 to engage in penetrative sex, and two of non-penetrative sex without her consent, two counts of sexual assault on a girl aged 15 to 17 and three counts of rape on a girl aged between 15 and 18.
These offences are alleged to have taken place between 2009 and 2013.
There is a further charge of inciting a 17-year-old girl to prostitution.
You may also want to watch:
He is also charged with one count of rape and one of attempted rape on a boy aged between 16 and 17 and two counts of causing him to engage in non-penetrative sexual activity without his consent. These offences are alleged to have taken place in 2004 or 2005.
Mr Gorringe will next appear at St Albans Crown Court on February 9 for a pre-trial preparation hearing.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
The magistrates did not grant him bail.