Stevenage man in court charged with 26 sexual offences including raping a girl and a boy
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage man who is alleged to have repeatedly raped and sexually assaulted a girl and a boy has appeared in court.
Anthony Joseph Gorringe appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday via videolink from HMP Bure where he is currently being held.
The 57-year-old has been charged with 26 sexual offences. They include 13 counts of causing a girl aged between 15 and 17 to engage in penetrative sex, and two of non-penetrative sex without her consent, two counts of sexual assault on a girl aged 15 to 17 and three counts of rape on a girl aged between 15 and 18.
These offences are alleged to have taken place between 2009 and 2013.
There is a further charge of inciting a 17-year-old girl to prostitution.
You may also want to watch:
He is also charged with one count of rape and one of attempted rape on a boy aged between 16 and 17 and two counts of causing him to engage in non-penetrative sexual activity without his consent. These offences are alleged to have taken place in 2004 or 2005.
Mr Gorringe will next appear at St Albans Crown Court on February 9 for a pre-trial preparation hearing.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 5 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The magistrates did not grant him bail.