Stevenage man in court charged with 26 sexual offences including raping a girl and a boy
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage man who is alleged to have repeatedly raped and sexually assaulted a girl and a boy has appeared in court.
Anthony Joseph Gorringe appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday via videolink from HMP Bure where he is currently being held.
The 57-year-old has been charged with 26 sexual offences. They include 13 counts of causing a girl aged between 15 and 17 to engage in penetrative sex, and two of non-penetrative sex without her consent, two counts of sexual assault on a girl aged 15 to 17 and three counts of rape on a girl aged between 15 and 18.
These offences are alleged to have taken place between 2009 and 2013.
There is a further charge of inciting a 17-year-old girl to prostitution.
He is also charged with one count of rape and one of attempted rape on a boy aged between 16 and 17 and two counts of causing him to engage in non-penetrative sexual activity without his consent. These offences are alleged to have taken place in 2004 or 2005.
Mr Gorringe will next appear at St Albans Crown Court on February 9 for a pre-trial preparation hearing.
- 1 Rising costs see refill store in Letchworth close for good
- 2 Two men from North Herts wanted by police for failing to attend court
- 3 Family's car window smashed in overnight criminal damage
- 4 Stevenage store wins Opticians of the Year award
- 5 Henlow pub landlord calls last orders on annual beer festival
- 6 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 7 Celebrating 50 years of Stevenage's Fairlands Valley Park
- 8 Motorcyclist 'breaks leg and knee' in Stevenage crash
- 9 Missing 16-year-old from Letchworth found 'safe and well'
- 10 Man dies following medical episode at Stevenage Cineworld
The magistrates did not grant him bail.