Stevenage man hospitalised after carbon monoxide poisoning fears

Ambulances at the scene in Harvey Road, Stevenage

Ambulances at the scene in Harvey Road, Stevenage - Credit: Archant

Paramedics assessed nine people this morning (Monday) amid fears of carbon monoxide poisoning, with one man taken to hospital.

The ambulance service was called to Harvey Road in Stevenage at about 6.05am, after six adults and three children were feeling nauseous, hallucinating and coughing.

Two ambulances, a response car, a duty officer and the Hazardous Area Response Team attended the scene, assessing the patients for carbon monoxide posioning.

A man was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further tests but a spokesman said he was condition was not serious.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus