Stevenage man charged with series of Co-op robberies
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man from Stevenage has been charged with carrying out a series of robberies and an alleged armed robbery at the Co-op store in Filey Close.
James Green of Minehead Way in Stevenage was arrested on Monday February 20. He has been charged with three robberies and two offences of being in possession of a weapon.
The first robbery took place on February 14 at around 8.50pm. Cash and alcohol were allegedly taken.
Cash was also taken in the second alleged offence at the same store on Monday, February 20, at around 2.30pm.
The final robbery was on Monday February 20 at around 9.30pm, when Mr Green allegedly tried to steal cash and used an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
He was due to appear at Hatfield Remand Court this morning (Wednesday).
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy