Stevenage man charged with series of Co-op robberies
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man from Stevenage has been charged with carrying out a series of robberies and an alleged armed robbery at the Co-op store in Filey Close.
James Green of Minehead Way in Stevenage was arrested on Monday February 20. He has been charged with three robberies and two offences of being in possession of a weapon.
The first robbery took place on February 14 at around 8.50pm. Cash and alcohol were allegedly taken.
Cash was also taken in the second alleged offence at the same store on Monday, February 20, at around 2.30pm.
The final robbery was on Monday February 20 at around 9.30pm, when Mr Green allegedly tried to steal cash and used an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
He was due to appear at Hatfield Remand Court this morning (Wednesday).
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas