Stevenage man charged with murder
A MAN who knew the victim of a murder in Stevenage on Tuesday has been charged.
Dwayne Parchment, of Bowcock Walk, Stevenage, has been charged with the murder of 32-year-old Mark Butler, who was killed after suffering a fatal stab wound in Bowcock Walk on Tuesday afternoon.
The 28-year-old, who was arrested by Police yesterday morning (Thursday) currently remains in police custody and is due to appear before magistrates tomorrow (Saturday).
The 35-year-old woman from Stevenage, who also was arrested for being concerned in the murder, has been released on bail.
Detective inspector Carl Foster, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire major crime unit, said: “Mr Butler, Mr Parchment and the woman released on bail are all known to each other and we are not looking for anybody else in relation to this investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Members of the public who have information about this incident or who may have seen any suspicious behaviour in the area on the day of the offence are still asked to make contact with police.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room number on 01707 355666. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, an independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys