Stevenage man charged after newsagent robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man from Stevenage has been charged with robbery and being in possession of an offensive weapon at a newsagent.
Peter Marvell, of Haycroft Road, was arrested at his home on Monday and charged before appearing at Hatfield Remand Court.
He has been charged with robbery and being in possession of an offensive weapon in a public place, following an incident at Ask Stores in Albert Street, Stevenage.
Police launched an appeal following the incident at around 9.15pm on Thursday, January 22, when a quantity of cash was handed over before it is believed a man fled the scene in the direction of Victoria Close.
The shopkeeper was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Marvell has been remanded in custody until next Wednesday, February 17, when he is due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'