Stevenage man charged after newsagent robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man from Stevenage has been charged with robbery and being in possession of an offensive weapon at a newsagent.
Peter Marvell, of Haycroft Road, was arrested at his home on Monday and charged before appearing at Hatfield Remand Court.
He has been charged with robbery and being in possession of an offensive weapon in a public place, following an incident at Ask Stores in Albert Street, Stevenage.
Police launched an appeal following the incident at around 9.15pm on Thursday, January 22, when a quantity of cash was handed over before it is believed a man fled the scene in the direction of Victoria Close.
The shopkeeper was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Marvell has been remanded in custody until next Wednesday, February 17, when he is due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation