Stevenage man charged with attempted murder after Great Ashby knife slashing
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old man from Stevenage has been charged with attempted murder after a fight in which he and another person suffered slash wounds from a knife.
Alan Copestake, of Cromdale Walk in the Great Ashby area of Stevenage, has been charged with attempted murder and is set to appear at Hatfield Remand Court today.
The incident happened at about 4.30am yesterday morning in Cromdale Walk.
Mr Copestake suffered what police described as “slash injuries” caused by a knife, and was treated in hospital – receiving stitches to his hand.
A second man remains in hospital with what officers have called “slash injuries to the face and neck”.
Anyone with information that could assist the police investigation should contact police on 101, quoting crime reference number E1/17/7207, or through contacthertspolice.uk/Report.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
You may also want to watch:
The Comet was told by police yesterday that the man arrested in connection with this incident was from Hitchin, but a force spokeswoman has now said this was incorrect.
Update: Alan Copestake has been bailed to appear at St Albans Crown Court on October 6.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 6 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images