Stevenage makeup artist Kady McDermott stirring things up on ITV2’s Love Island after winning public vote
- Credit: Archant
A makeup artist from Stevenage is already making waves on this year’s reality TV show Love Island – which sees singles get it on in the sun.
Kady McDermott was voted in by the public along with Terry Walsh to join the islanders on Tuesday’s show, where contestants need to be in a couple to compete for a £50,000 prize.
The 20-year-old made quite an impact in last night’s episode, going on a date with Javi Shephard and confessing she fancied Scott Thomas – who had paired up at the start with Miss Great Britain’s Zara Holland.
Before winning a public vote to join the original islanders at the Fiji villa, Kady said: “I say it how it is and I’m straight to the point. I’m a bit like marmite, because not everyone likes that.”
Kady used to date model Sam Reece, the ex of Stephanie Davis, who famously cheated on him when she entered the Celebrity Big Brother House.
You may also want to watch:
The programme, hosted by Caroline Flack, continues tonight on ITV2 at 9pm when more sparks are expected to fly.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site