Stevenage lose at league leaders Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage were beaten 3-2 at Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.
The victory saw the Pilgrims stay top of League Two, while for Boro this defeat means it is now six matches without a win for Teddy Sheringham’s side.
Stevenage went into the match without a clean sheet since the middle of November, and they conceded after just three minutes when Carl McHugh headed home from a corner.
Charlie Lee levelled the game for Boro at the far post just a few minutes later, but the home side then scored twice more to go into the break 3-1 up.
Jake Jervis got his second assist of the day when his cross picked out Gregg Wylde, and he headed past Chris Day. McHugh then set up Craig Tanner to fire in from the edge of the box.
Lee then got his second of the match early in the second half, but despite clawing their way back into the game Boro were unable to get back on level terms.
Plymouth: McCormick, Mellor, Nelson, Hartley, Sawyer, Simpson, McHugh, Jervis, Tanner (Threlkeld 78), Wylde, Reid (Brunt 84). Subs: Harvey, Purrington, Smalley, Bittner, Forster.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 4 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 5 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 6 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 9 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'wonderful and caring' husband and father
Stevenage: Day, Henry, McCombe, Franks, Ogilvie, Tonge, Keane (Parrett 46), Pett, Lee, Conlon (Akinyemi 46), O’Connor (Jebb 81). Subs: Hughes, Johnson, Gorman, Jackson.