Stevenage lose at league leaders Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage were beaten 3-2 at Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.
The victory saw the Pilgrims stay top of League Two, while for Boro this defeat means it is now six matches without a win for Teddy Sheringham’s side.
Stevenage went into the match without a clean sheet since the middle of November, and they conceded after just three minutes when Carl McHugh headed home from a corner.
Charlie Lee levelled the game for Boro at the far post just a few minutes later, but the home side then scored twice more to go into the break 3-1 up.
Jake Jervis got his second assist of the day when his cross picked out Gregg Wylde, and he headed past Chris Day. McHugh then set up Craig Tanner to fire in from the edge of the box.
Lee then got his second of the match early in the second half, but despite clawing their way back into the game Boro were unable to get back on level terms.
Plymouth: McCormick, Mellor, Nelson, Hartley, Sawyer, Simpson, McHugh, Jervis, Tanner (Threlkeld 78), Wylde, Reid (Brunt 84). Subs: Harvey, Purrington, Smalley, Bittner, Forster.
- 1 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 2 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 3 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 8 Rose: 'Five subs mean it is more a team thing and we've utilised that'
- 9 National award for Hitchin property company
- 10 Vulnerable woman is victim of alleged theft in Hitchin
Stevenage: Day, Henry, McCombe, Franks, Ogilvie, Tonge, Keane (Parrett 46), Pett, Lee, Conlon (Akinyemi 46), O’Connor (Jebb 81). Subs: Hughes, Johnson, Gorman, Jackson.