Stevenage lose at league leaders Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage were beaten 3-2 at Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.
The victory saw the Pilgrims stay top of League Two, while for Boro this defeat means it is now six matches without a win for Teddy Sheringham’s side.
Stevenage went into the match without a clean sheet since the middle of November, and they conceded after just three minutes when Carl McHugh headed home from a corner.
Charlie Lee levelled the game for Boro at the far post just a few minutes later, but the home side then scored twice more to go into the break 3-1 up.
Jake Jervis got his second assist of the day when his cross picked out Gregg Wylde, and he headed past Chris Day. McHugh then set up Craig Tanner to fire in from the edge of the box.
You may also want to watch:
Lee then got his second of the match early in the second half, but despite clawing their way back into the game Boro were unable to get back on level terms.
Plymouth: McCormick, Mellor, Nelson, Hartley, Sawyer, Simpson, McHugh, Jervis, Tanner (Threlkeld 78), Wylde, Reid (Brunt 84). Subs: Harvey, Purrington, Smalley, Bittner, Forster.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
Stevenage: Day, Henry, McCombe, Franks, Ogilvie, Tonge, Keane (Parrett 46), Pett, Lee, Conlon (Akinyemi 46), O’Connor (Jebb 81). Subs: Hughes, Johnson, Gorman, Jackson.