Stevenage linked with move for former England striker Teddy Sheringham as new manager
- Credit: Archant
Club refuses to be drawn on speculation linking them with move for ex-Spurs and Manchester United striker; ‘Graham Westley is under contract until May 31,’ they say
Stevenage have refused to be drawn on speculation linking them with a move for Teddy Sheringham as first team manager.
The former Spurs and Manchester United striker is currently on the coaching staff at West Ham United, and reports came out today saying that Boro had asked the Hammers for permission to speak to the 49-year-old.
However, Stevenage will make no comment about the speculation adding only that Graham Westley remains the current manager of the club and his deal expires on May 31.
Westley led Boro to the League 2 play-offs this season, where they lost in the semi-finals to Southend United last week.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about his future after that game, Westley said his future at the club was uncertain: “There’s been no offer to me. The club is having a serious re-think about what it’s going to do for the future so we’ll see how that pans out.”
Westley is currently in his third spell with the club, having in March 2013.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5