Stevenage Leads Referendum Democracy
The avid readers of my blog site (David Cox Member of the Public www.davidcoxmp.co.uk); I wont mention any names but you both know who you are, have asked me to elucidate on how Stevenage will put its grass roots democracy into action I went to the Come
The avid readers of my blog site (David Cox Member of the Public www.davidcoxmp.co.uk); I wont mention any names but you both know who you are, have asked me to elucidate on how Stevenage will put its grass roots democracy into action
I went to the Comet Question Time political rally at the Stevenage Leisure Centre on the 21st April 2010 to experience the cut and thrust of modern political debate. There was one interesting question, if I may paraphrase "How will you vote in parliament if there is a conflict between what the voters of Stevenage want and your own party's agenda?" (Sub text: As history shows we will be lumbered with you for up to 5 years before the next round of promises.)
Excellently answered by all three politicians. It was reassuring to know that the voters of Stevenage will never be at odds with any of the three main political parties. Good news for us all. How does this work if you have a New Labour employee in parliament but you do not agree with their Party's proposed law on immigration say?.
Wouldn't it be empowering if your chosen representative committed to set up a referendum system using one of three possible methods:-
You may also want to watch:
a) Internet vote
b) Telephone vote on 01438 number
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 4 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 5 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 6 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
c) Good old fashioned Royal Mail
Voting to be validated by polling numbers as it doesn't need to be a secret ballot.
It also allows us to propose action on laws we may wish to remove or want.
Comments and critiques please.
The woman or man who you have selected will then act according to your wishes. That person will pledge to submit to re-election if you lose confidence in them.
I would do that and guarantee to publish all expenses and not employ any family member.
Thursday May 6th is our chance to take control.