Stevenage launch Kids Takeover
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage is offering one lucky junior fan the chance to be chairman for the day during its half term game against Southend United.
The opportunity on Saturday, February 21 is one of four roles being offered by the club as part of its Kids Takeover that week, which will also see fans aged between seven and 12 help out with media and PA duties and interview manager Graham Westley and players at its Bragbury End training ground.
Dave Toyn, the club’s marketing manager, said: “Our £25 season ticket membership for U12s has proved highly popular this season with an increase of over 200 per cent compared to last season, as highlighted by the BBC in its annual Price of Football Survey.
“That shows we’re doing the right things to attract the next generation of fans here to The Lamex Stadium and our Kids Takeover is just one way of rewarding that fantastic support.
“With chairman Phil Wallace away on business we thought this would prove the ideal opportunity for one junior fan to experience life as chairman for the day: he or she will enjoy our boardroom hospitality for the afternoon with their family and watch the game from the best seats in the house.
“We’re also offering special media and PA team roles and with entries flying in already, it’s proving to be a popular idea for our junior fans.”
Any Stevenage fans aged between seven and 12 can apply, regardless of whether they are a season ticket holder or not.
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 4 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 5 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 6 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 7 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 8 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 9 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 10 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
Full details on the roles and how to apply can be found at www.stevenagefc.com.
The deadline for entries is midday on Friday, February 13. Tickets for the Southend game (3pm KO) can be purchased now from the club shop or online at www.borotickets.co.uk