Stevenage Ladbrokes bookies robbed
A bookies in Stevenage was robbed last night by two men who threatened a staff member before making off with cash from the till.
Detectives appealed for witnesses and information following the robbery at Ladbrokes bookmakers at the Oaks Cross neighbourhood shops at around 8.15pm.
The thieves drove off in a vehicle.
A 24-year-old Stevenage man was arrested in connection with the offence and is currently in custody at Stevenage Police Station.
Investigating officer, Detective Sergeant Gez Ellis said: “Although we have already made an arrest in connection to this robbery and spoken to some witnesses, we believe there are other people who may have seen the offenders prior to or after the robbery. We need to speak to them as soon as possible and I would ask them to please contact us at the earliest opportunity.”
You may also want to watch:
Ds Ellis urged anyone who can help to call 101 with crime reference number E1/12/4795.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 6 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show