Stevenage Ladbrokes bookies robbed
A bookies in Stevenage was robbed last night by two men who threatened a staff member before making off with cash from the till.
Detectives appealed for witnesses and information following the robbery at Ladbrokes bookmakers at the Oaks Cross neighbourhood shops at around 8.15pm.
The thieves drove off in a vehicle.
A 24-year-old Stevenage man was arrested in connection with the offence and is currently in custody at Stevenage Police Station.
Investigating officer, Detective Sergeant Gez Ellis said: “Although we have already made an arrest in connection to this robbery and spoken to some witnesses, we believe there are other people who may have seen the offenders prior to or after the robbery. We need to speak to them as soon as possible and I would ask them to please contact us at the earliest opportunity.”
You may also want to watch:
Ds Ellis urged anyone who can help to call 101 with crime reference number E1/12/4795.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?