Stevenage keen to keep hold of Aston Villa and Scunthorpe loan trio
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage boss Darren Sarll would like to extend the loan deals of Jack King, Harry McKirdy and Henry Cowans which all end this weekend.
However, it remains to be seen if the trio will be at the Lamex in 2017.
Scunthorpe United midfielder King has started 20 games since joining the club in August, while Aston Villa youngsters Cowans (20) and McKirdy (19) have made 16 and 13 appearances respectively.
When quizzed about the future of the players, Sarll told the Comet: “All the loan deals are still up in the air, they are not something we will know about until early January.
“That’s the aspect of the job at the moment that is the most unstable.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d love to keep our group together, because when the loan players have come in the group has either really taken to them and accepted them and they have accepted the club or the group hasn’t accepted them and they are no longer here, read into that what you like I’m not trying to hide anything.”
Forward Tyler Walker is also at the club on loan having signed a season-long agreement at the end of August.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
After an impressive start scoring four goals in six games, injury has ruled the 20-year-old Nottingham Forest youngster out of action since early October.
“Tyler is nearing fitness,” said Sarll.
“He’s not far off, it will be like a new signing having Tyler Walker, I watched his footage again the other day to remind myself what type of player I had and he’s a terrific player and I love having him here.”
Of the four loanees, Sarll added: “Players like Tyler, Henry, Harry and Jack have taken Stevenage into their hearts and they don’t look like loan players, they look like they are playing for Stevenage, Darren Sarll and the coaching team and their team-mates and that’s why I’d love to keep them together.
“Can I tell you whether we will keep them? No because I haven’t got the answers to those questions yet.
“Can I tell you do I want to? Absolutely, I really hope we can keep all four.”