Stevenage in the Community apprenticeship
Stevenage FC offering chance for students to gain qualifications
Stevenage FC in the Community is opening its doors in a bid to provide youngsters the opportunity to gain a range of qualifications and work experience as part of an Apprenticeship in Active Leisure and Learning: Activity Leadership.
Using the club’s training facilities the apprenticeship will be delivered in partnership with Barnfield College, Luton, who will be the main deliverer.
In order for all the students to get the most out of the course they will be employed as apprentices by Stevenage in the Community and become actively involved in a variety of roles and the day to day working of the football club and community programme.
The educational element of the programme is delivered two to three days per week and is open to 16-18 year old girls and boys. The duration of the course is between 22-26 weeks and the training will be based at Stevenage FC. The practical job role of the apprenticeship will be eight hours per week in addition to the two to three days educational element.
All apprentices will receive the following qualifications:
1) NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership (Level 2)
- 1 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 4 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 5 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 6 Vulnerable woman is victim of alleged theft in Hitchin
- 7 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 8 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 9 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 10 National award for Hitchin property company
2) Child Welfare/Safeguarding
3) Emergency First Aid/Health & Safety
4) Functional Skills - Maths (Level 1)
5) Functional Skills – English (Level 1)
6) Award in Leading Health Related Activity Sessions (Level 2)
7) Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning (Level 2)
The course is free of charge and to apply students are required to attend a short work trial bringing along their National Insurance number, their full home address, date of birth and an emergency contact number. The club will also need details of previous qualifications but there is no minimum requirement for acceptance onto the course.
Head of community Alex Tunbridge said: “This is an excellent opportunity for the young people of Stevenage and the local community to get involved with their local professional football club achieve nationally recognised qualifications and commence on the ladder to a career in Sport & Leisure.”
To register your interest email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates must be aged of 16-18 and be available to attend an interview and work trial on Monday, August 15.