Stevenage house fire leaves pensioner in serious condition

A WOMAN is in a serious condition in hospital after a fire at her Stevenage home.

The 63-year-old was rescued by fire crews who got her out of the burning building on Hopton Road, Stevenage, after the alarm was raised shortly after 7.30am.

On arrival the woman was having a cardiac arrest. She was treated at the scene by firefighters and paramedics before being taken to Lister Hospital.

Three crews tackled the blaze which started on the ground floor. It was declared out by 9am.

The fire is being treated as accidental. Investigations are ongoing at the scene.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus