COMPETITION: Win jersey signed by Dame Sarah Storey as world class cyclists come to Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The countdown is well and truly on for the return of world class cyclists to Stevenage – with the Comet teaming up with one of this year’s sponsors to offer a racing jersey signed by Dame Sarah Storey.
In a nod to its heritage which saw it become the first town in England to provide a comprehensive cycling network, Stevenage Old Town will welcome the OVO Energy Tour Series for the third consecutive year on bank holiday Monday, May 28.
The day kicks off at 1.30pm with an ‘open access ride’ – a chance for spectators to bring your bike and ride the professional 1km circuit which starts and finishes in High Street, as well as taking in Basils Road, Church Lane and Pound Avenue.
The elite professional men’s time trial follows at 2.30pm, before the women’s Tour Series race is held at 4.30pm.
The action – which will be shown on ITV4 the same evening – concludes with the men’s Tour Series race at 7.30pm, and podium celebrations at 8.45pm.
The day will also include a host of free family entertainment including come-and-try bike sessions, health and wellbeing advice, promotional zone, free giveaways, stalls, live music, free fast karts, mascots, and photo opportunities.
There will also be secure bike parking in Bell Lane and free parking at the St George’s Way multi-storey car park in the town centre.
During the event – which is free to attend – there will be road closures in High Street, Church Lane, Ireton Court, Grove Road, Bell Lane, Drapers Way, Howards Court, Townsend Mews, Basils Road and Albert Street. For timings and more information visit stevenage.gov.uk/the-tour.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 7 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 10 Standalone Farm to reopen with host of activities in time for half term
To celebrate a great day of cycling in Stevenage, we have teamed up with Eisberg Alcohol Free Wine to offer a Tour Series sprint jersey signed by the Storey Racing team and a full selection of Eisberg wine.
The jersey, which retails at about £80, will be signed by the whole team – which is led by Great Britain’s most decorated female Paralympian Dame Sarah Storey, who won eight golds between 1992 and 2016.
To be in with a chance of winning just answer the following question: How many times has Stevenage hosted the Tour Series?
Email your answer, including your full contact details, to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25.
• Normal Archant rules apply. Unless you have chosen to receive other information from us, Archant Community Media Limited will solely use the data you provide for the purpose of running the competition, including contacting winners and the distribution of any prize.