Stevenage homes to be scanned with thermal imaging camera
A HEATSEEKING van is working to identify homes which can be made more energy efficient. Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is working with HeatSeekers - a new scheme which takes thermal images of properties to spot those which would benefit from insulation.
A HEATSEEKING van is working to identify homes which can be made more energy efficient.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is working with HeatSeekers - a new scheme which takes thermal images of properties to spot those which would benefit from insulation.
The HeatSeekers van - which travels at 10mph and can scan 1,000 homes per hour to assess where heat is being lost - will be visiting the Bedwell and Shephall areas of Stevenage between 8pm and midnight throughout December.
If your home is identified as one that might benefit from insulation, HeatSeekers will contact you with information and advice.
Cllr Ann Webb, SBC's executive member for housing, said: "It is important that residents are aware of the ways that they can not only make their homes more energy efficient but also save themselves money.
"The HeatSeeker vehicle will allow us to go a little bit further in helping those people who may struggle to afford the cost of heating their homes.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week