Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth churches to mark Easter Good Friday
- Credit: Archant
CHURCHES across Comet country will mark Easter with their annual Walk of Witness services today (Friday).
The traditional walks will be held this morning across towns in the area.
In Stevenage, the plan is to meet in the Town Centre Gardens opposite St Andrew and St George’s Church at 10.30am, before heading to the town centre clock tower for a short act of worship at 11am.
There will also be hot cross buns in the square, and coffee, tea and soup at YMCA Space, Stevenage.
In Hitchin, the walk will also begin at 10.30am, where congregations will meet in Bancroft Gardens for prayer before making their way to Market Place behind three crosses.
You may also want to watch:
There will then be an address from Rev Michael Roden, from St Mary’s Church.
Letchworth GC churches will mark the occasion with their annual walk from the Broadway Gardens, from 11am onwards.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
And in Shefford, congregations will meet at 11am at the methodist church, stopping at each of the churches en route to Shefford Baptist Church. At each stop there will be a Bible reading and prayer, while at St Michael’s there will be a short open-air service, with tea, coffee and hot cross buns served at the end.
All events have been organised by the towns’ respective Churches Together groups.
There will also be events put on in town centres this weekend.
Hitchin Market will hold an Easter fun day today, from 10am-3pm, where there will be free face painting, glitter tattoos and balloons, plus an Easter egg colouring competition.
In Stevenage Leisure Park’s 360 Play, there will be Easter trail competitions across the weekend, while Letchworth GC’s Indie Easter egg hunt continues until next week.
? Do you have an Easter event planned, or did you attend one of the above? Send in your pictures to email@example.com