Stevenage health trust awards workers
HOSPITAL staff who have worked above and beyond the call of duty were recognised at an annual awards ceremony last week. At Knebworth Barns, clinical support worker David Sully and senior sister Sheila Troy both received trophies from The East and North H
HOSPITAL staff who have worked above and beyond the call of duty were recognised at an annual awards ceremony last week.
At Knebworth Barns, clinical support worker David Sully and senior sister Sheila Troy both received trophies from The East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust for their dedicated and outstanding work at Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
David, who joined the endoscopy team in 2005, was given the Innovation Award for designing and implementing a number of computer programmes which resulted in the team being able to manage maintenance of all equipment within the unit quickly and efficiently.
Sheila received the Mary Seacole Award in recognition of being an exceptional leader and rising to the challenges of a ward manager - motivating, developing and leading her team. Sheila was also commended for being professional, gentle and supportive, as well as working extremely well with her consultant colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
The Trust's director of nursing, Sue Greenslade, said: "It makes me enormously proud, not just of these individuals, but of the contribution our nurses and midwives make every single day."
Colleagues nominated staff for a total of eight awards, with the winners of each category decided by a panel of judges which included the Trust's chief executive, Nick Carver, and the Trust's chairman, Richard Beazley.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site