Stevenage charity appeals for gift donations to give to homeless people on their birthdays
- Credit: Archant
A charity providing shelter and support for single people experiencing homelessness in Stevenage and North Herts is appealing for donations of gifts to give residents on their birthdays.
Stevenage Haven operates two hostels – The Haven in Stevenage and The Sanctuary in Hitchin – and manages 11 move-on properties.
A spokesman said: “Everyone deserves to feel special on their birthday, and that’s why we provide all our residents with a gift, to remind them this is their safe place.
“We are usually able to put these gifts together from donations we receive across the year. However, since the COVID-19 outbreak, donations have dropped drastically and we are seeing much fewer ‘luxury’ items.
“We’d really appreciate any donations of confectionery and chocolate gift sets, or activity books, so we can make residents’ birthdays as special as we can.”
Call 01438 354884 or email email@example.com.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Work begins on Gresley Park site for 600 homes