Stevenage charity appeals for gift donations to give to homeless people on their birthdays
- Credit: Archant
A charity providing shelter and support for single people experiencing homelessness in Stevenage and North Herts is appealing for donations of gifts to give residents on their birthdays.
Stevenage Haven operates two hostels – The Haven in Stevenage and The Sanctuary in Hitchin – and manages 11 move-on properties.
A spokesman said: “Everyone deserves to feel special on their birthday, and that’s why we provide all our residents with a gift, to remind them this is their safe place.
“We are usually able to put these gifts together from donations we receive across the year. However, since the COVID-19 outbreak, donations have dropped drastically and we are seeing much fewer ‘luxury’ items.
“We’d really appreciate any donations of confectionery and chocolate gift sets, or activity books, so we can make residents’ birthdays as special as we can.”
You may also want to watch:
Call 01438 354884 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition