Stevenage charity appeals for gift donations to give to homeless people on their birthdays
- Credit: Archant
A charity providing shelter and support for single people experiencing homelessness in Stevenage and North Herts is appealing for donations of gifts to give residents on their birthdays.
Stevenage Haven operates two hostels – The Haven in Stevenage and The Sanctuary in Hitchin – and manages 11 move-on properties.
A spokesman said: “Everyone deserves to feel special on their birthday, and that’s why we provide all our residents with a gift, to remind them this is their safe place.
“We are usually able to put these gifts together from donations we receive across the year. However, since the COVID-19 outbreak, donations have dropped drastically and we are seeing much fewer ‘luxury’ items.
“We’d really appreciate any donations of confectionery and chocolate gift sets, or activity books, so we can make residents’ birthdays as special as we can.”
You may also want to watch:
Call 01438 354884 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory