Stevenage gym goers give cancer a kicking
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage gym has raised more than £800 for Macmillan Cancer Support with a charity day that included a variety of activities.
Just For Women at Domin8 Fitness hosted a day of coffee and homemade cake, followed by an evening of fitness.
Fitness instructor Rachel Payne kicked things off with two back to back Vibe Cycle classes before the main event, where international fitness presenter Troy Dureh took over with a Fight Klub masterclass.
For 90 minutes, participants punched, kicked and sweated it out together while DJ Krabby provided a drum and bass set.
Domin8 Fitness instructor Charlie Sanders said: “Cancer has touched the lives of both members and staff members at Dominate in recent months. With the amazing work McMillan do, we were thrilled to raise £820.00 for such a worthy cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Just For Women at Domin8 Fitness is situated in Wedgewood Way, and offers a ladies-only gym. They are also CancerPlus exercise specialists.
To find out more visit www.dominategroup.co.uk.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 6 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images