Stevenage gym brings Easter eggs to children’s ward
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage gym helped put smiles of the faces of children at the Bluebell ward at Lister Hospital during the Easter weekend.
A Stevenage gym helped put smiles of the faces of children at the Bluebell ward at Lister Hospital over the Easter weekend.
For the second consecutive year, David Lloyd has collected chocolate eggs for unwell children at the Stevenage hospital, with staff and members contributing to the cause.
Lian McTigue, family activity co-ordinator at the gym, said: “Last year the sports manager Cameron Bridger and the DL Kids Crew decided to donate some eggs for the children at Lister Hospital, which was a huge success for such a great cause.
“This year I decided to repeat what we did last year by donating a couple of eggs and left them at our reception desk and it created a bit of a buzz around the club.
You may also want to watch:
“Due to the kindness of our lovely members and staff that grew to a huge amount.
“The staff said they have on average 100 children per day and between David Lloyd, Tesco, Waitrose and Asda we managed to deliver around 150-200.”
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities