Stevenage gym brings Easter eggs to children’s ward
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage gym helped put smiles of the faces of children at the Bluebell ward at Lister Hospital during the Easter weekend.
A Stevenage gym helped put smiles of the faces of children at the Bluebell ward at Lister Hospital over the Easter weekend.
For the second consecutive year, David Lloyd has collected chocolate eggs for unwell children at the Stevenage hospital, with staff and members contributing to the cause.
Lian McTigue, family activity co-ordinator at the gym, said: “Last year the sports manager Cameron Bridger and the DL Kids Crew decided to donate some eggs for the children at Lister Hospital, which was a huge success for such a great cause.
“This year I decided to repeat what we did last year by donating a couple of eggs and left them at our reception desk and it created a bit of a buzz around the club.
“Due to the kindness of our lovely members and staff that grew to a huge amount.
“The staff said they have on average 100 children per day and between David Lloyd, Tesco, Waitrose and Asda we managed to deliver around 150-200.”
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist