Stevenage Glaxo researcher electrocuted in freak running accident
A marathon runner who was electrocuted by a fallen cable while jogging yesterday has been named as a research director at Stevenage GlaxoSmithKline.
James Kew, 41, a biology research director at the Stevenage pharmaceutical site, died in a field in Newport near Bishops Stortford at around 8.40pm on Tuesday when he came into contact with a high voltage power line while out with the Saffron Striders running club.
A GSK spokesman said today that Mr Kew was a “respected scientist and valued colleague. Our thoughts are with his friends, family and his GSK colleagues at this extremely difficult time.”
Essex Police has launched an investigation.