Stevenage girl, 14, will raise money in memory of friend who died from brain tumour after reaching Top Model UK final
A schoolgirl with dreams of a career on the catwalk has made it to the final of a national modelling competition, while raising money for a cause close to her heart after her friend died from a brain tumour.
Ellie Weaver, a pupil at The Barclay School in Stevenage, has reached the final in the commercial category of Top Model UK – a professional model search competition.
The 14-year-old has also raised £185 so far for Children with Cancer UK, a charity the competition is supporting this year.
Ellie, of Walkern Road in the town, said: “I have wanted to be a model for a long time – since I was a little girl – and I also want to help children who are sick.
“The charity is very close to my heart as a friend of mine died from a brain tumour three years ago. Through this event I have the opportunity to raise as much money as I can.”
You may also want to watch:
Mum Jacquie said: “We are supporting Ellie because it’s something she wants to do and she’s raising money for children with cancer, which she is really passionate about doing.
“It’s a very exciting time for her. We had tried a modelling agency, but they said she was too young and recommended this competition instead.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
“She has gone through a few stages to get to this point. We sent photos in and then went to London, where she was chosen out of so many people for the commercial category.”
Ellie will have catwalk training at the end of January, followed by costume fittings and dress rehearsals, before the final on April 1 at the Hilton London Metropole hotel.