Stevenage Fujitsu workers set to strike
WORKERS at Fujitsu in Stevenage could be walking out in a series of strikes planned for the coming weeks. Members of Britain s biggest union, Unite, which makes up about 20 per cent of the workforce at the Gunnelswood Road site, have been urged to take i
WORKERS at Fujitsu in Stevenage could be walking out in a series of strikes planned for the coming weeks.
Members of Britain's biggest union, Unite, which makes up about 20 per cent of the workforce at the Gunnelswood Road site, have been urged to take industrial on December 18 and January 7, 8, 11, 14 and 15.
The union is protesting after a pay freeze was put in place, and plans to close a pension scheme to future staff and make 1,000 workers redundant were announced.
A spokesman for the company said: "Fujitsu is disappointed that the Unite trade union has decided to announce industrial action whilst consultation continues with the elected employee representatives on the proposed changes to the pension scheme.
"If the industrial action goes ahead Fujitsu will take measures to ensure that service to its customers is maintained.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 4 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports