Stevenage Fujitsu workers set to strike
WORKERS at Fujitsu in Stevenage could be walking out in a series of strikes planned for the coming weeks. Members of Britain s biggest union, Unite, which makes up about 20 per cent of the workforce at the Gunnelswood Road site, have been urged to take i
WORKERS at Fujitsu in Stevenage could be walking out in a series of strikes planned for the coming weeks.
Members of Britain's biggest union, Unite, which makes up about 20 per cent of the workforce at the Gunnelswood Road site, have been urged to take industrial on December 18 and January 7, 8, 11, 14 and 15.
The union is protesting after a pay freeze was put in place, and plans to close a pension scheme to future staff and make 1,000 workers redundant were announced.
A spokesman for the company said: "Fujitsu is disappointed that the Unite trade union has decided to announce industrial action whilst consultation continues with the elected employee representatives on the proposed changes to the pension scheme.
You may also want to watch:
"If the industrial action goes ahead Fujitsu will take measures to ensure that service to its customers is maintained.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 8 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?