Stevenage footballers reopen Letchworth store
FOOTBALLERS from promotion winning Stevenage FC were celebrating another success when they helped reopen a retailer on Thursday.
Boro’s Chris Day and Peter Winn cut the ribbon to declare the Wilkinson store in Eastcheap, Letchworth GC, officially open, following a revamp.
The Garden House Hospice’s fundraising manager Colin Roberts also joined in the ceremony to mark the occasion with special garden-themed celebrations.
Both Stevenage FC, who beat Torquay in the play-off final to reach npower League One, and the Letchworth-based hospice, which offers care and support to terminally ill patients and their families, were presented with cheques on the day as part of Wilkinson’s commitment to support local initiatives.
The money for Boro will go towards the club’s community scheme that nurtures young footballing talent and provides sporting opportunities to local children.
You may also want to watch:
Staff and pupils from Fairfield Park Lower School in Stotfold also paid the refurbished store a visit on re-opening day, to receive �100 worth of Wilkinsons’ vouchers to spend on arts and crafts materials.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?