Tyre firm collects record donation for Stevenage foodbank
- Credit: Archant
A tyre company has collected a record-breaking amount of donations for Stevenage’s foodbank.
STS Tyre Pros, based in High Street, has been helping the Trussell Trust over the last four years by raising money to buy food for them during the Christmas period.
The final drop off donation was carried out yesterday and weighed a record-breaking 3.03 tonnes - the largest donation that the foodbank has ever seen.
Robert Gainsborough, operations manager for STS Tyre Pros, said: "It is something we are extremely proud of.
"Our philosophy at STS Tyre Pros is 'we care' - it doesn't just apply to our staff and customers, but to our wider community too."
All STS Tyre Pros stores were drop off points throughout the appeal which helped the company reach the three-tonne achievement.
The firm has also donated a £250 service and MOT service which were raffled off, and Robert has even completed a sponsored skydive.
- 1 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know