Tyre firm collects record donation for Stevenage foodbank
- Credit: Archant
A tyre company has collected a record-breaking amount of donations for Stevenage’s foodbank.
STS Tyre Pros, based in High Street, has been helping the Trussell Trust over the last four years by raising money to buy food for them during the Christmas period.
The final drop off donation was carried out yesterday and weighed a record-breaking 3.03 tonnes - the largest donation that the foodbank has ever seen.
Robert Gainsborough, operations manager for STS Tyre Pros, said: "It is something we are extremely proud of.
"Our philosophy at STS Tyre Pros is 'we care' - it doesn't just apply to our staff and customers, but to our wider community too."
You may also want to watch:
All STS Tyre Pros stores were drop off points throughout the appeal which helped the company reach the three-tonne achievement.
The firm has also donated a £250 service and MOT service which were raffled off, and Robert has even completed a sponsored skydive.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 8 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award