Stevenage cadet brings home first aid award from South Africa competition
- Credit: Archant
A St John Ambulance cadet from Stevenage has received a first aid award following a competition in South Africa where he represented his country.
Jack Cahill was chosen to compete in the International St John Ambulance Cadet competition in Cape Town at the start of the year.
He took part in a demanding selection process and was chosen to be part of a team of five representing England and Northern Ireland.
The team competed against other countries around the world in realistic emergency scenarios.
They achieved a silver award for the best team and drill, and a bronze award for the best overall competition team. Jack was also presented with an individual award for his leadership and empathy skills throughout the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Jack said: "It was an incredible, life-changing experience and a huge learning curve made possible by the support from my fellow cadets, my youth leaders at the Stevenage unit, and the exceptional training I have had while being a member of the St John Ambulance family."
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park