Stevenage fire victim dies
A woman who suffered severe smoke inhalation in a fire at her Stevenage home has died.
Lyn Baumeister of Hopton Road, died on Saturday at James Paget Hospital in Great Yarmouth police confirmed today. She was 63.
Firefighters carried Mrs Baumeister from her burning house on Thursday morning. She was suffering a cardiac arrest.
She was initially taken to Lister Hospital before being transferred to a specialist unit for victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Her family were at her side when she died.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire, which started in the living room, is being treated as accidental by investigators.
Mrs Baumeister’s seven-month-old Labrador dog was found dead at the scene.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities