Stevenage FC open their training ground doors to supporters from 11am this Saturday morning
- Credit: Archant
With no league action for Stevenage this weekend, boss Graham Westley is looking forward to welcoming Boro’ supporters through their Bragbury End training ground gates on Saturday morning.
Westley was keen to invite fans down to watch the players being put through their paces from 11am, with opportunities for autographs and interaction afterwards.
The boss told the Comet: “There are always moments in time where it is really good to interact with fans and build bonds.
“A lot of fans had the opportunity to come down to the training ground during pre-season and we felt it was really positive.
“I’m sure fans will have more questions for the lads now they have watched them play.
You may also want to watch:
“Fans are great for giving encouragement and demanding more of the guys and this session will help us up our games.”
The Boro boss had frank discussions with some disgruntled fans after his side’s 1-0 defeat at Northampton Town and he also claimed that some “abusive” fans had an agenda against the club.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
Therefore, he will hope to dispel any anxiety between the fans and players in the free event.
Westley said: “When people express frustrations, give ideas or share their views on things and how you can get stronger and better together, it always helps.
“I think it will create a more positive atmosphere around the place and it is always important to exchange that two-way dialogue to strengthen the foundations of the club.”
The Bragbury End training facility can be found on Aston Lane, Stevenage, SG2 8TH, just 100 yards up on the right from the junction with the A602.
However, no parking for supporters will be available at Bragbury End but there is street parking within yards of the site.