Stevenage FC linked with Paris
A FOOTBALL club is calling on fans to cycle 250 miles in a bid to raise �400,000 to help the terminally ill.
Europe may be a far-off destination for Stevenage FC in the world of competitive football, but the club is offering the chance to get there on two wheels.
In an official charity partnership with The Football League, Boro is calling on fans to represent the club at a cycle ride from London’s Wembley Stadium to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
Greg Clarke, Football League chairman, said: “The Arch to Arc bike ride is a chance for loyal fans to make their club proud. The money will enable hospices to keep caring for 360,000 people each year, including patients and their friends and families. That’s enough to fill Wembley four times over.”
Help the Hospices supports more than 200 hospices nationwide including The Garden House Hospice in Letchworth and the Macmillan Palliative Care Team at Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up to the event, which takes place from June 14 to 17, go to helpthehospices.org.uk/truecolours
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'