Stevenage FC linked with Paris
A FOOTBALL club is calling on fans to cycle 250 miles in a bid to raise �400,000 to help the terminally ill.
Europe may be a far-off destination for Stevenage FC in the world of competitive football, but the club is offering the chance to get there on two wheels.
In an official charity partnership with The Football League, Boro is calling on fans to represent the club at a cycle ride from London’s Wembley Stadium to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
Greg Clarke, Football League chairman, said: “The Arch to Arc bike ride is a chance for loyal fans to make their club proud. The money will enable hospices to keep caring for 360,000 people each year, including patients and their friends and families. That’s enough to fill Wembley four times over.”
Help the Hospices supports more than 200 hospices nationwide including The Garden House Hospice in Letchworth and the Macmillan Palliative Care Team at Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up to the event, which takes place from June 14 to 17, go to helpthehospices.org.uk/truecolours
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation