Stevenage handed home tie in first round of the Carabao Cup
- Credit: David Loveday/TGS Photo
Stevenage have been handed a home match after the draw for the first round of the Carabao Cup was announced.
Boro are a late entrant in the League Cup after only having their Football League status confirmed last week following Macclesfield Town’s relegation.
And they will start this year’s campaign at the Lamex Stadium against League One Portsmouth.
The sides met at the same stage at Broadhall Way back in 2010 with Pompey winning 2-1 and they also played each other in the FA Cup of 2013-2014 season, Boro taking the spoils in that encounter by the same score.
Ties are set to be played at the moment on the weekend of September 5 and 6, one week before League Two gets under way.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Stevenage have been put in a group with Milton Keynes Dons and Northampton Town in the EFL Trophy, as well as one invited U23 team from either the Premier League or Championship, which could be either Arsenal, Chelsea or West Ham United.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus