Stevenage appoint former Cambridge and Colchester boss Joe Dunne as new assistant to manager Alex Revell
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Alex Revell will have a new face helping him on the bench after Stevenage appointed Joe Dunne as assistant manager.
Mark Sampson remains as first-team coach but the appointment does mean Lennie Lawrence’s stay at the club was a short one.
Dunne is the former boss of both Cambridge United and Colchester United and was assistant to Graham Coughlan at Bristol Rovers and Mansfield Town, leaving the Stags in October shortly after the 0-0 draw with Boro.
Chairman Phil Wallace said, “We have not had the start we wanted in the league, but we have improved significantly.
“Alex has worked hard to get us to this position but the more experience we can bring to our management team, the better.”
You may also want to watch:
Wallace added: “It was a privilege to have Lennie as a mentor to Alex for the first few months of the season.
“His experience has been very helpful but we need a manager and assistant on a daily basis.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 4 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 5 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 10 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
“He leaves with our sincere thanks and gratitude for his work and guidance.”