Stevenage appoint former Cambridge and Colchester boss Joe Dunne as new assistant to manager Alex Revell
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Alex Revell will have a new face helping him on the bench after Stevenage appointed Joe Dunne as assistant manager.
Mark Sampson remains as first-team coach but the appointment does mean Lennie Lawrence’s stay at the club was a short one.
Dunne is the former boss of both Cambridge United and Colchester United and was assistant to Graham Coughlan at Bristol Rovers and Mansfield Town, leaving the Stags in October shortly after the 0-0 draw with Boro.
Chairman Phil Wallace said, “We have not had the start we wanted in the league, but we have improved significantly.
“Alex has worked hard to get us to this position but the more experience we can bring to our management team, the better.”
You may also want to watch:
Wallace added: “It was a privilege to have Lennie as a mentor to Alex for the first few months of the season.
“His experience has been very helpful but we need a manager and assistant on a daily basis.
- 1 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 2 The Market Theatre could be axed as plan for flats is drawn up
- 3 Long-term flooding fix earmarked for major Stevenage road
- 4 SG1 regeneration officially under way as holding direction is lifted
- 5 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 6 Do you have memories of Stevenage's Bowes Lyon skate park for history book?
- 7 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 8 Hitchin schoolboy Alex Kirk signs professional deal with Arsenal
- 9 The hospice nurses administering COVID-19 vaccine in nearby care home
- 10 TV, motocross and quad bikes stolen in Stevenage burglary
“He leaves with our sincere thanks and gratitude for his work and guidance.”