Stevenage FC announce Burger King as new shirt sponsor
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage FC have announced that Burger King will be their main shirt sponsor for the next two seasons after agreeing a deal with the global fast food chain.
The internationally recognised logo will appear on both playing and replica kits until at least the end of the 2020/21 season.
Burger King will make their first appearance on a Boro shirt when Dino Maamria's side take on Jersey Bulls FC in their pre-season tour friendly on July 6.
Stevenage's commercial manager, Clive Abrey said, "We are delighted to be working in association with such a well-known and trusted brand and hope this is the beginning of a long and successful journey for both parties."
Burger King's global head of brand marketing, Marcelo Pascoa said, "We are thrilled to support Stevenage Football Club over the next two seasons.
"Over 265 million people play football around the world and the passion for the game is unparalleled.
"At Burger King we share that passion, not only for the big teams, but also for the smaller ones that are poised for something big."
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 9 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
- 10 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
Regarding next season's shirt, Stevenage have also confirmed that: "Details on when supporters can get a first-look at the new designs will be released shortly."