Stevenage fashion store Bank goes into administration
- Credit: Archant
A clothes shop in Stevenage town centre has gone into administration today, putting 14 jobs at risk.
The fashion chain store Bank, which has a branch in the Westgate Shopping Centre, is now being advised by business advisory firm Deloitte.
The town’s branch currently employs 14 people and for the mean time shops will continue to operate as usual.
Bill Dawson, joint administrator and partner in Deloitte’s Restructuring Services practice, said: “Bank has struggled in a highly competitive segment of the retail industry and has been loss-making for a number of years.
“A review of the business has determined that a solvent turnaround would not be possible and so its director has sought the appointment of Joint Administrators.”
He added that a number of parties have already expressed and interest in the business.
Bank is based in Bury, Lancashire and has 84 stores primarily in the Midlands, North of England and Scotland.
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 9 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 10 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'
It has 1,555 employees so far no redundancies have been made at this time.