Stevenage fashion store Bank goes into administration
- Credit: Archant
A clothes shop in Stevenage town centre has gone into administration today, putting 14 jobs at risk.
The fashion chain store Bank, which has a branch in the Westgate Shopping Centre, is now being advised by business advisory firm Deloitte.
The town’s branch currently employs 14 people and for the mean time shops will continue to operate as usual.
Bill Dawson, joint administrator and partner in Deloitte’s Restructuring Services practice, said: “Bank has struggled in a highly competitive segment of the retail industry and has been loss-making for a number of years.
“A review of the business has determined that a solvent turnaround would not be possible and so its director has sought the appointment of Joint Administrators.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that a number of parties have already expressed and interest in the business.
Bank is based in Bury, Lancashire and has 84 stores primarily in the Midlands, North of England and Scotland.
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
It has 1,555 employees so far no redundancies have been made at this time.