Stevenage family flee night bedroom blaze

A FAMILY escaped from a burning house early this morning after a suspected electrical fault set fire to a bedroom.

Two adults and three children fled their three-storey home on Grenville Way, Stevenage as fire took hold in an upstairs bedroom.

Three fire crews, police and paramedics were sent to the scene after the emergency services were called at 4.45am. Firefighters extinguished the blaze on the second floor by 5.30am.

Paramedics treated one person for smoke inhalation.

The fire was declared accidental by the fire service.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter