Stevenage family firm braves dragon fire to win national award
- Credit: PA
A family owned plumbing and heating company from Stevenage beat hundreds of others to win a national award.
Dragons’ Den star Sarah Willingham was on the panel which judged C&J Heating and Plumbing Ltd and presented them with the award earlier this month.
Lewis Howard from the firm said: “This is really big for us as it’s the first national award that we’ve won and it’s recognition of the hard work we’ve put in.
“My father set up the company in 1985 as a sole trader until I joined him when I left school with the plan to grow the business – we have continued to grow over the years and now have 45 members of staff.”
The firm won the Tradesperson of the Year prize at this year’s Nectar Business Small Business Awards.
Sarah, who made her fortune in the restaurant trade, said: “C&J Heating and Plumbing is a really deserving winner of Nectar Business’ Tradesperson of the Year prize. Their specialist work in all aspects of domestic plumbing and heating, both for private individuals as well as large commercial companies, has been a huge success and is an inspiration.
“Britain has a great entrepreneurial appetite and SMEs are the backbone of our economy. I really was wowed by this year’s Nectar Business Small Business Award winners. All six winners reiterate that with hard work and a clear vision, anything’s possible. I hope that their achievements will motivate others to activate their own business ideas.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes