Stevenage eye Bradford league triumph after Everton cup despair
- Credit: Archant
STEVENAGE will take the positives from their heroic performance at Goodison Park in midweek into Saturday’s Sky Bet League 1 clash with Bradford City, according to winger Luke Freeman.
Former Arsenal man Freeman rifled Boro ahead in their Capital One Cup clash with Everton on Wednesday night, however his side were eventually knocked out of the competition deep into injury time after a sterling display.
Following the cup exit the 21-year-old reflected on the game and was then quick to focus to the next match on the fixture list; Bradford at the Lamex Stadium.
He said: “Everton are a great side and we held them for the whole game, including extra-time.
“All the lads are very positive, but at the same time very upset because no-one likes losing.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts are now on Saturday, we are recovering as best as we can.
“It’s on to the next one and three points on Saturday.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5