Three teenagers from Stevenage arrested on suspicion of drugs offences
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers were arrested in Stevenage yesterday afternoon on suspicion of drugs offences.
Officers from the Operation Scorpion team made the arrests at Millenium Gardens at 1.25pm after acting on information given about drug dealing in the area.
An 18-year-old man and two 17-year-old boys from Stevenage were arrested for being concerned in the supply of a controlled drug.
The 18-year-old was also arrested for being in possession with intent to supply a controlled drug.
All three have been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
More than 100 wraps of what is believed to be class A drugs, around £800 in cash and numerous phones were seized.
Following the arrests, a property in Emperors Gate was searched and a quantity of cannabis plants were removed.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
Ch Insp Alicia Shaw said: “We are completely committed to tackling the issue of drug crime in Stevenage.
“Our teams are working very hard and numerous arrests have been made recently with many more to follow.
“I am always impressed by the support from the local community – your information is vital to our work and I would like to encourage people to continue to report any concerns regarding drug issues or any crime to us.
“I want to send a clear message to those that think it is OK to deal drugs in our town, that they won’t be tolerated and we will continue our work to rid Stevenage of drug crime and to keep the community safe.”
Anyone with any information about drug activity can report it via the non-emergency number 101, or online at herts.police.uk/report.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.