Stevenage domestic abuse service expands to North Herts
- Credit: Archant
The Stevenage Against Domestic Abuse service has expanded its reach into North Herts.
SADA launched its North Herts service at The Cloisters in Letchworth last Wednesday, accompanied by Stevenage Borough Council leader Sharon Taylor – who is also the SADA chair – and representatives of North Herts District Council, Herts police, volunteers and those who have used the service.
The programme was set up in 2015 to support all victims of domestic abuse.
Councillor Taylor said: “Domestic abuse touches families everywhere. It has not respect of class, age, religion, gender or financial circumstances.
“That is why it is so important that support services are made as widely available as possible and this launch demonstrates that by the expansion of our services to support those who need our help.
“I hope the vision and impact SADA has made in Stevenage continues and I welcome its expansion into North Herts.”
The service has also set up a a ‘champions network’ across Stevenage and North Herts made up of professionals from across different sectors and organisations with the aim of sharing best practice to support victims and each other. SADA aims to gain further exposure of their work and offer support to everyone regardless of genderm sexuality, age or cultural background.
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 3 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 4 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 5 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 6 Chocolates sold at Tesco stores recalled after health risk discovered
- 7 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 100 Herts police officers to carry nasal spray to prevent drug deaths
- 9 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 10 Meteor shower known for bright fireballs begins tonight
NHDC councillor Bernard Lovewell said: “NHDC is committed to protecting and supporting the most vulnerable members of our community.
“The launch of SADA in North Herts is a welcomed addition to NHDC’s service for victims of domestic abuse and we look forward to working in partnership with them to help tackle this issue as effectively as possible.
To date SADA gas helped 337 clients and is looking to widen their reach and recruit more volunteers to support the service. Anyone interested in getting involved should contact the community safety team on 01438 242666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have suffered abuse you can contact the team on the number above or use the secure email email@example.com. You can also call police on 101.