Stevenage Dog Watch Carnival set to thrill families
- Credit: Archant
An annual dog show and family fun day will be held in Stevenage Town Centre Gardens next weekend.
The Dog Watch Carnival – in aid of Labrador Rescue – will open at 11am on Sunday, September 9, with a belly dancing display, followed by children’s games and a demonstration from Wrayfield Agility Club.
Classes for a fun dog show from 1pm until 3pm are £1.50 each and include Best Veteran, Best Puppy, Most Appealing Eyes and Best Child Handler.
Following a raffle, the event will finish at 4pm.
Dog Watch is a police initiative launched in 2009 with the aim of encouraging dog walkers to report suspicious incidents to the police, as well as incidents of flytipping and abandoned cars to the borough council.
You may also want to watch:
Carnival organiser Paul Hawxby said: “It’ll be fun for all the family, with pony rides, reptiles, charity stalls, fun dog show, dog agility, food and bouncy castles. Come along, have some fun and raise some money for a great cause.”
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Helicopter and armed police hunt weapon suspects