Urology consultant at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital performs 500th surgery with robot
- Credit: Archant
Urology consultant Nikhil Vasdev, with his team, has performed his 500th robotic urology surgery at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital.
His 500 procedures have included robotic prostatectomies, bladder removals and kidney reconstructive surgeries – most of which were treatments for cancer.
Michael Chilvers, medical director of the East and North Herts NHS Trust - which runs Lister, said: “Many congratulations to Nikhil and the team for achieving such an important milestone.
“Nationally, Lister is a really important centre for robotic surgery thanks to the skills and dedication of our teams.”
Nikhil said: “I am very fortunate to be working with an excellent team that has helped me achieve 500 robotic surgeries in four-and-a-half years as a consultant.
“I am grateful to the robotic theatre team, senior management, my colleagues in urology and anaesthetics, nursing team and my family for their support.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 9 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans