Urology consultant at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital performs 500th surgery with robot
- Credit: Archant
Urology consultant Nikhil Vasdev, with his team, has performed his 500th robotic urology surgery at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital.
His 500 procedures have included robotic prostatectomies, bladder removals and kidney reconstructive surgeries – most of which were treatments for cancer.
Michael Chilvers, medical director of the East and North Herts NHS Trust - which runs Lister, said: “Many congratulations to Nikhil and the team for achieving such an important milestone.
“Nationally, Lister is a really important centre for robotic surgery thanks to the skills and dedication of our teams.”
Nikhil said: “I am very fortunate to be working with an excellent team that has helped me achieve 500 robotic surgeries in four-and-a-half years as a consultant.
You may also want to watch:
“I am grateful to the robotic theatre team, senior management, my colleagues in urology and anaesthetics, nursing team and my family for their support.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas