Stevenage disabled girl, 10, shines on stage and has the time of her life
- Credit: Archant
Round Diamond Primary pupil Mia Beresford sang on stage with Pixie Lott and Aston Merrygold – above – before performing a special version of Strong, from the Disney film Cinderella, with Sonna Rele.
The 10-year-old suffers from polyarticular juvenile arthritis which has a debilitating effect on more than 25 of her joints and causes extreme fatigue.
She said: “It was one of the best days of my life. I was treated like a VIP backstage all day and met the likes of Ne-Yo, Little Mix and Union J.”
Mia was given the opportunity through charity Rays of Sunshine which makes wishes come true for children with serious or terminal illnesses.
Mum Emma said: “It was a very emotional day, not just as a proud mother, but it was a reality check of just how brave Mia is.”
You may also want to watch:
As a thank you Mia and Emma have raised £600 for the charity. The pair will be wearing purple on Friday to raise awareness about kids with the condition with any money raised going to the Children’s Chronic Arthritis Association.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?