Stevenage disabled girl, 10, shines on stage and has the time of her life
- Credit: Archant
Round Diamond Primary pupil Mia Beresford sang on stage with Pixie Lott and Aston Merrygold – above – before performing a special version of Strong, from the Disney film Cinderella, with Sonna Rele.
The 10-year-old suffers from polyarticular juvenile arthritis which has a debilitating effect on more than 25 of her joints and causes extreme fatigue.
She said: “It was one of the best days of my life. I was treated like a VIP backstage all day and met the likes of Ne-Yo, Little Mix and Union J.”
Mia was given the opportunity through charity Rays of Sunshine which makes wishes come true for children with serious or terminal illnesses.
Mum Emma said: “It was a very emotional day, not just as a proud mother, but it was a reality check of just how brave Mia is.”
You may also want to watch:
As a thank you Mia and Emma have raised £600 for the charity. The pair will be wearing purple on Friday to raise awareness about kids with the condition with any money raised going to the Children’s Chronic Arthritis Association.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 3 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 6 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers