Stevenage designer sees creations worn by Hitchin model at Royal Ascot
- Credit: Archant
Some punters may have lost their shirts on Derby Day at Royal Ascot but a hat designer from Stevenage was delighted her creations were worn during the most fashionable event of the flat-racing season.
Lisa Jayne, owner of Lisa Jayne Millinery, created two headpieces for the festival, which is attended by thousands of racegoers and fahionistas alike.
The elegant designs were then worn to the event by model and former British showjumping champion Samantha Gibbins, who is from Hitchin and pictured right.
They also caught the eye of photographers – with the results appearing in many Fleet Street publications.
Lisa said: “I’m delighted to have my creations worn by Samantha at Royal Ascot!”
You may also want to watch:
Find out more at lisajanemillinery.com.
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 7 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 8 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 9 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 10 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town