Stevenage dentist struck off for dishonesty and putting patients at risk
A dentist who lied to patients about his credentials has been struck off for placing patients and staff at “totally unnecessary risk of serious harm”.
Jonathan Anyetei, formerly the sole principal dentist at 15 Town Square Chambers in Stevenage had his licence revoked on Friday at a misconduct hearing of the General Dental Council.
He was found to have failed to ensure appropriate cross infection controls were in place, that nurses were adequately protected against hepatitis and health and safety requirements such as fire regulations were satisfied.
He was also found guilty of a charge dishonesty, after continuing to offer NHS services, despite having his contract terminated by Herts Primary Care Trust in July 2010.
The incidents date to between January 2009 and October 2010, when Mr Anyetei ceased to practice at Town Square Chambers.
You may also want to watch:
The misconduct committee said his dishonesty was “a betrayal of trust which sits at the heart of the dentist-patient relationship”.
“The public and profession have the right to trust a dentist’s integrity. The public also rightfully expect a dentist to maintain a clean surgery with appropriate measures in place for sterilization and to prevent cross infection. You placed staff and patients at totally unnecessary risk of serious harm. The committee noted the seriousness of the charges proved, and was in no doubt that this constituted misconduct.”
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 5 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 6 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 7 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 9 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
Mr Anyetei has until December 14 to appeal.